Sewing lessons Utrecht
Sewing lessons – Monday evening 19.00 – 21.00.
Sewing lessons – Tuesday evening 19.00 – 21.00.
Sewing lessons – Wednesday evening 19.00 – 21.00.
Sewing lessons – Wednesday morning 10.00 – 12.00
"I am a complete beginner and only had a workshop and one of the classes so far, but I'm really enjoying it. Mirjam is very nice and explains every step of the process clearly and in detail. We made a pillow case in the 3-hour workshop and I'm now making a skirt, it's exciting. She has good sewing machines that students can use, and will give advice if you want to get your own, the same for all material. I would happily recommend her classes!"
Welcome to Edgy Elegance sewing studio, here I give fun sewing lessons & workshops in Utrecht. In our cozy werfkelder at the Oudegracht I teach small groups to sew. I give lessons in English & Dutch. In these sewing classes you make what you would like to make, this could be clothing (like skirts, tops, pants, dresses ), house decorations, childrens clothing and items for baby for example a baby nest. The groups are small so that everyone gets the help they need. If you are a beginner then you will learn how to use the sewing machine and every step in making the clothing is explained.
- You learn how to use the sewing machine.
- You learn how to trace the patterns from pattern magazines, how to cut the patterns out of the fabric and how to zig/zag and lock edges.
- You learn how to sew seams together, how to sew in a blind zipper, how make button holes, how to sew in sleeves, how to sew darts and many other sewing skills.
- Groups are max 7 people.
- The classes are fun and you chose yourself what you like to make – clothing (skirts, tops, dresses, pants), home decorations, childrens clothing, items for baby for example baby nest.
- Cost for the classes is 10 lessons for 170 euro ( excluding materials needed for the course, there is a small list you will need.)
- Classes are on Mondays. Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 19.00 to 21.00 and wednesday morning 10.00 to 12.00.
- If you want to join & for more information send me a Email.
- I also give sewing workshops check out the facebook page for up coming workshops or check out the website.
A little bit about me, I make tailor made clothing and give sewing lessons for the past 10 years. I studied at NCAD in Dublin Ireland and have a bachelor in textile design and tailoring. I love embroidery and use alot of embroidery in my designs. I make custom made dance costumes, wedding dresses and other tailor made clothing.